I would say, like any hobby or interest, there is an evolution to products used and that is okay. Part of what makes hobbies or interests fun is trying out new brands.
I've grown really fond of the Hobonichi Weeks as I can plan my months and my weeks and opt out of daily pages. As far as personal journaling, I had the opportunity to snag a Cafe Writer from Nanami Paper for $12 and am in love with the small size and almost 400 pages of tomoe river paper. As of right now their beta version is sold out but I do hope they make it a permanent part of their lineup.
Things for me are just simpler now, I sold all my Traveler's Notebooks except for the dark brown one just in case I want to use it in the future.
- Uni-ball Signo 0.28 with black ink.
- TWSBI Eco and TWSBI mini with fine nibs.
- Karas Kustoms brass fountain pen with a fine nib.
- Frixion point 04 with brown ink.
- Inks: Noodler's Lexington Gray, Diamine Moon Dust, Diamine Ancient Copper, and Noodler's Kiowa Pecan.
That's about it! What have you been using? Have you tried any new brands? Any suggestions?