Wow, my twenties are over. I knew it'd happen eventually. I feel pretty good about it but it does feel weird to say or write 30 instead of 20-something. I'm comforted with the fact that I don't look anywhere near 30 and people are usually shocked when they find out. It is what it is.
Major things that happened in my twenties (in no particular order):
- I graduated from an art college and received my BFA.
- I lost my mother at the age of 23.
- I traveled the country.
- I wasted a few years working at a restaurant for probably the craziest person I'll ever know. During that time I went out almost every night and needless to say, I don't drink that much anymore.
- I decided to get my butt into gear and go back to school for nursing.
- I acquired two cats. One at the age of 22 (Mona) and one at the age of 28 (Dorian). I love them to pieces.
- I met my best friend for life, Ryan.
- I became more socially confidant, less shy, and more who I want to be.
- I became completely independent in my early twenties and feel that it's benefitted me immensely.
- I have lived in eight apartments in my twenties. I do not plan on moving nearly as much in my 30s, I'll tell you that.
- I've become more intelligent and only see that increasing as I get older. I never want to stop learning.
- I've accepted the fact that I'm, for the most part, a solitary creature. I don't require more than a few friends and I very much enjoy my alone time.
What do I want to accomplish in my 30s?
- I want to graduate nursing school and get a nursing job. Duh.
- I want to either move into a condo or find a home within Columbus city limits. No suburbs.
- I want a dog.
- I want to travel and see more of the US as well as international countries.
- I wouldn't completely rule out cosmetic surgery.
- I want to be healthier and more active.
- I want to continue making art and be a creative person.
- I want to always read and always learn new things.
- I want to buy a new car.
- I want to continue blogging and documenting.
What do I hope to see in my 30s?
- I'd like for gay marriage to be legal in all 50 states.
- I'd like for some type of loan forgiveness plans to go into effect for us poor college grads.
- I'd like to see more progression with legalizing marijuana because it's good for the economy and it's good for those who truly need it. And, it's good for those who just want to smoke it. And this is coming from me, someone who doesn't like it!
- I'd like to see religion play less and less of a role in politics and legislation.
- I'd like to see the fucking Dark Tower be made into a handful of films, god dammit. How long do we have to wait for this?
Some photos from my day: Ryan bought me a two headed duckling and a trilobite, breakfast at La Chatelaine (croque monsieur) and we bought birthday cake flavored Oreos. (All images are clickable.)