I'm closer to being 30 than I am 29 at this point of the year so I figured I'd do an update. Now that I look back on my list, I think I aimed too high. With work and school, I don't know how I thought I'd be able to go to New York and camp in Michigan. I'm doing my hardest though to get a good amount of this list completed--even if it's settling for something else in place of the original.
1. Purchase a new pair of glasses. Yep, I did that. I got a new pair plus a pair of sunglasses. I was well overdue for a new style.
2. Volunteer at a dog shelter.
3. Go camping at least once, either at Mackinaw or somewhere new.
4. Donate a few times throughout the year. Yep, did this also and plan on doing it again. It felt good to get rid of clutter and know that someone will benefit from the things I didn't need.
5. Visit mom at least once even though I hate visiting her grave. (I'll be doing this when I see Norm MacDonald later this year in Cleveland.)
6. Carry DSLR around more. I've definitely been doing this. You can see all the photos I've taken by clicking here.
7. See a wild Moose. (This probably won't happen.)
8. Read Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace. (I've started it.)
9. Read more by Haruki Murakami. (I have a few books in queue to be read.)
10. Create more art as well as apartment DIY. I'm in the process of working on multiple projects and will share soon!
11. Continue to blog and document. Check! This blog is still going strong. I even have been printing photos and putting them in a real photo album.
12. Write a short story.
13. Give mushrooms a chance--the food.
14. Get a passport.
15. Get a new tattoo.
16. Get a credit card to help build good credit.
17. Fly on an airplane.
18. Cook an entire meal from scratch.
19. Be healthier. I'm in the process of this and have been eating a lot better for the past few months. I lost a good 8-10 lbs and a few inches. I still have a lot more to do!
20. Visit Kristyn in Virginia. There's still time but I don't know if I can accomplish this. We did see each other this past weekend and it was so nice to catch up!
21. Visit aunt in Myrtle Beach.
22. Contact my father, probably by letter. I have the letter written but haven't had the guts to send it yet.
23. Acquire more taxidermy.
24. Go to a football game with Ryan.
25. See a live taping of the Colbert Report, possibly Jimmy Fallon. Well, this isn't going to happen. Instead of going to New York, we are seeing Tim, Eric and Dr. Steve Brule in Pittsburgh and then Norm MacDonald in Cleveland. That's a fair trade, right?
26. Quit Facebook.
28. Get a fondu kit and blender. We have the blender but not the fondu kit yet. We've been making smoothies all summer.
29. See the great serpent mounds here in Ohio.
30. Do autumn things like hayrides, apple picking, etc. and go to the Circleville pumpkin show.
Considering I never follow through with anything, I'm doing a good job. If I can get 80% done by the time I'm 30...I'll feel proud.