Man, oh man, is it really another year already? 2015 is significant for me because at the end of January I will no longer be in my 20s. I will be turning 30 on the 27th. Depressing as that is, I am looking forward to the year 2015. I always look forward to a new year.
I do have a few goals for 2015 and the age 30 :
- See Todd Barry in person. Also, more comedians in general.
- Travel--at least one legit vacation. I really need a vacation before nursing school starts in 2016. I'm thinking Palm Springs/LA/San Fran.
- Document/sketch in my personal journal and Midori Traveler's Notebook. Both Ventures will be blogged about here. My desire to journal in the past few months has grown strong.
- Stumble upon a dead body. It's kind of always been a dream of mine...blame it on Stand By Me. (I feel like this goal will be rolled over many times. Possibly until my death.)
- Listen to more podcasts.
- Receive nursing school acceptance letter.
- Experiment more with photography and do more tilt-shift. I'm considering just outright buying a tilt-shift lens because using it was so fun and felt SO ME. I will probably rent a bunch of other equipment throughout the year as well.
- Simplify and donate a bunch of stuff. I think the word "simplify" is the word of the year. Having a 3 bedroom apartment has caused us to accumulate stuff and I want to get rid of it all. We both use the two other rooms for offices and I'd like for them to be more sparse and only hold the necessities.
- Finish unfinished art projects. If you follow my Instagram I'm sure you've seen them...it's not that I don't like how they're progressing, I just take forever to get this type of artwork done.
- Get better about waking up early even if I have nothing to wake up for (ie. days off). I'm telling you, if I don't have an alarm, I can sleep until noon.
I've decided to keep my goals much simpler because I was overwhelmed with my 30 Before 30 list I made last year. I accomplished some from that list but left most of it untouched. I was just too ambitious.
NYE TRADITION :
We usually buy champagne or prosecco and have some cheese and crackers. We always choose a movie to watch, as well. The themes (so far) roughly embody the end of the world in some way and/or are horror themed. So, this year's movie is The Babadook.
Past NYE films included:
- 2013 (into 2014) : This Is The End. (I don't think I laughed harder at a movie in a long time.)
- 2012 (into 2013) : John Dies At The End (I suggest reading the books first.)
- 2011 (into 2012) : Melancholia. (Gorgeous film.)
NYE and New Years Day are the only 'holidays' that I enjoy and want to have off from work. I worked on both Thanksgiving and Christmas and requested to have the 31st and 1st off. I enjoy relaxing on the 1st of the year with sleeping in and having brunch or a homemade breakfast.
What are your goals for 2015?