The Ginkgo trees are probably my favorite tree in the autumn. They are most consistent in color (as far as I can tell) and turn the sidewalks into gold. I dig the fan-shaped leaves and they are soft when they fall to the ground...not crispy like most others.
I have a few short-term goals that I'd like to accomplish in the month of November and figured I'd share! Maybe posting them will actually give me the kick in the butt to get shit done.
- Write (and perfect) my nursing school entrance essay. I've collected ideas, sentences and even adjectives that I would like to use but I haven't sat down and written anything yet. It isn't long (350 words) but I want it to pack a punch. I feel like writing shorter essays are much harder than longer ones. I've never had a problem with 10 page papers or anything. 350 words seems tough! That's like, less than three tweets!
- Start an Etsy shop. This has been on my mind for a while and I think I can sell some cool stuff. I have so many ideas. Terrariums, charms, that kind of thing. I'd like to list some stuff I have in my apartment that I no longer want--vases, coffee mugs, vintage Coach purses. I'd like a little extra income but really, I just want to be creative.
- Find and purchase a BRIGHT light for my office. I've realized that the reason why I can't concentrate on work for long periods of time is that the lighting in my office is way too dim and uneven. I need to find myself a really bright lamp. Any ideas?
- Figure out what to get Ryan for Christmas. I can't wait until the last minute.
- Deep clean the apartment before Thanksgiving and seal up the drafty windows in preparation for winter.
- Get one more space heater for the living room since the one in the bedroom worked out really well last year. Anything to not have the furnace running 24/7.
- Read, read, read.
- Cook a damn good Thanksgiving dinner.
- See a movie or two. Interstellar is on my radar because I am a sucker for space movies.